Welcome to the WSC Home Page
Since its permanent establishment in 1989, the Women's Studies
Consortium (WSC) has made significant progress in strengthening
ongoing activities and developing new initiatives in Women's Studies,
while collaborating with other efforts to ensure excellence
through diversity in the UW System.
Ongoing projects include:
- Thirty-five years of building a Wisconsin Women's Studies Learning
Community through the annual Wisconsin Women's Studies Conference.
For the last six years this conference has been offered in collaboration
with the UW System Inclusivity Initiative for
LGBTQ People and their allies.
- Over twenty years of leading the effort to raise the profile and
expand the resources devoted to Women's Studies programs, certification,
scholarship. teaching , and curriculum in the UW System.
- Over twenty years of contributing to the UW System Regents Policy
against discrimination (14-3 Equal Opportunities in Education: Elimination of Discrimination Based on Gender) which includes in its Guidelines for Implementation that "in its role of shaping educational policy, the faculty of each institution/unit is encouraged to:
- give support to women's studies courses,
- recruit faculty with an interest in women's studies,
- support research in women's studies,
- integrate the results of women's studies research into
existing curricula, and,
- evaluate and recommend for purchase library holdings,
including periodical literature, books, and other instructional
materials, in the area of women's studies."
Helen Klebesadel, Director
Women's Studies Consortium
Office of Academic & Student Services
University of Wisconsin System
1632 Van Hise Hall
1220 Linden Drive
Madison, WI 53706
Contact the Women's Studies Consortium Office, (608) 262-3056 or
Programs from Past